Use your Will to make a difference
A bequest in your Will can make a real difference to finding cancer cures and helping those affected; their family, friends and future generations.
Thanks to the generosity of people that leave bequests, Cancer Society Auckland is able to continue funding vital scientific research into better and more effective treatments, practical and emotional Supportive Care to people going through cancer treatment and their families, and important prevention campaigns like Smokefree Auckland and SunSmart Schools.
Through your Will, you have the power to help those facing the challenges of a cancer diagnosis. After family and friends, please consider Cancer Society Auckland in your Will. Your gift, no matter how large or small, will make a difference.
Some of the ways your gift will help:
- Free home visits from trained cancer nurses, who provide practical and emotional support as well as help manage treatment side effects
- Free accommodation for people travelling long distances to receive cancer treatment in Auckland
- Cancer information nurses who provide up to date information and support through the Cancer Information Helpline and in person at Domain Lodge
- Counselling and stress management through one on one appointments or group talks on ‘coping with cancer’
- Transport to treatment and pre-packaged meal delivery to people going through cancer treatment
- Sustain vital funds to cancer research projects at Auckland Cancer Research Centre to develop more effective treatments and ultimately better outcomes for people with cancer
- New drugs and treatment trials at Auckland City Hospital
- Smokefree parks, playgrounds, sports fields and transport hubs in the Auckland region
There is also an option available where capital from your bequest is retained in the Cancer Society's Endowment Trust and investment returns are used to support the work of the Society CLICK HERE to find out more.
For more information on how to leave a bequest call the Planned Giving Coordinator on 09 308 0242.
The Auckland Cancer Society Research Centre, founded in 1956, is internationally recognised for its anti-cancer drug development and is committed to carrying out research into the treatment and causes of cancer.